[postgis-users] POSTGIS connector - fixed version.

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Tue May 13 09:23:33 PDT 2003

Mark and carl (and others)

I have modified mappostgis.c so it is compatible with postgresql 7.3,
fixes the "extra funny characters bug", plus a few more fixes.  I've
attached it to this message (I've sent it to the list a few times
already).  The only known problem with this is that it leaks a little
bit of memory.  Several people have been beta-testing this version and
they all report that it works 'great'.

I was going to fix the memory leak and commit it to CVS when I noticed
that someone modified the mapserver 3.7 version of mappostgis.c due to
changes in the map structure (cf. map.h).  Until then, the 3.6 and 3.7
versions were exactly the same - now there are two different versions.
 This is causing me quite a bit of grief because my new mappostgis.c has
quite a few modifications.

So, this version works with mapserver 3.6 and
3.7-up-until-they-changed-the-map-structure.

Dave's TODO:
1. figure out what was changed in the 3.7 version
2. fix memory leak
3. make a 'unified'  version that will compile under 3.6 and the new 3.7

Until then, I suggest folks use the included mappostgis.c if you are
having problems with your installation.

Please tell me if there are any problems with this version (April 14).

dave