[postgis-users] RE: POSTGIS connector - fixed version.

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Wed May 14 01:06:43 PDT 2003

(section cut)

> So, this version works with mapserver 3.6 and
> 3.7-up-until-they-changed-the-map-structure.
>
> Dave's TODO:
> 1. figure out what was changed in the 3.7 version
> 2. fix memory leak
> 3. make a 'unified'  version that will compile under 3.6 and
> the new 3.7
>
> Until then, I suggest folks use the included mappostgis.c if you are
> having problems with your installation.
>
> Please tell me if there are any problems with this version (April 14).
>
> dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for clarifying that a similar fix had already been posted; I
tried searching through the archives for mappostgis but didn't find
anything yesterday, but today there were several hits.... Oh well....

Unfortunately dropping in your replacement mappostgis.c still gives me
the same problem in that the characters at the end of the previous "geom
from table" appear in f_table_name at the end of the next subselect
"geom from (select ... FROM ...)" :(. Perhaps this problem is different
from the one that you have already fixed?

Once again, as per the patch sent to the list yesterday, I have added a
terminating null to the end of the table name produced by the sub-select
parser, and now everything is working as it should.

Cheers,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.