[postgis-users] Doing Query in PHP/Mapscript and Postgis

colombo.l colombo.l at email.it
Thu May 29 03:00:08 PDT 2003

Hi to all,

I'm a newbie, I'm using php 4.31 + mapserver dll (3.6.6 - compiled with postgis support) + Postgres (in wich I have all the maps).
I did and understood the examples about how to load a map in the documentation section of the mapserver's site but now I would like to do a basic query.
The map is stored in a table which have this fields: gid | layer_type | the_geom.

I need by clicking a point of the map to retrive the layer_type of that point.

How can I do that by using mapscript?

Thanks in advance

Luca Colombo

Ps1: I also need to do the opposite thing: by the layer_type/gid  to display on the map the results.
Ps2: I paste a piece of my mapfile (I used it with the cgi mapserver and it works):

QUERYMAP
   SIZE 200 160
   STYLE HILITE
   COLOR 0 0 255
END

LAYER
 NAME "layer_confine"
 CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
 CONNECTION "user=carlo dbna

e=catasto host=scorpio.ing.unico.it port=5432"
 DATA "the_geom from mappa"
 CLASSITEM 'LAYER'
 STATUS DEFAULT
 TYPE Line
 FILTER "mappa.layer_typer='CONFINE'"

 CLASS
     COLOR 213 231 239
 END

 TEMPLATE t_query-f.html
 HEADER h_query-f.html
 FOOTER f_query-f.html

END

Sponsor:
Alto rendimento, massima libertà. È Conto Arancio di ING Direct.
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=659&d=29-5