[postgis-users] Re: ./configure all over again?

Byron Amerson byronea at u.washington.edu
Tue Nov 4 14:32:33 PST 2003

I guess I need to be more specific.

First for my own clarity:  when we refer to the source tree, do we mean
the source I used to build said postgres?

I do indeed have a running version of postgres.  And in
/usr/local/src/postgres/Postgres7.4beta5 is where all of my source
material is (configure scripts etc).  In a directory there called contrib
I untarred postgis.  I then switch one directory up (back to
Postgres7.4beta5) and here I type:sudo make.  This is when make barks that
there is no target specified (or similar, I am writing from a location
remoteof my computer). Thus comes my question about running ./configure
again so that make has something to work with.

Forgive my elementary questions here, I am learning and I appreciate your
patience.  Thanks.

Byron Amerson
MS student
University of Washington