[postgis-users] PostGIS make error

Philip Riggs priggs at cnr.colostate.edu
Mon Nov 10 14:49:27 PST 2003

I tried a make in PostGIS to install and received the following errors:

postgis_estimate.c: In function `get_restriction_var':
postgis_estimate.c:543: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer
type
postgis_estimate.c:545: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer
type
postgis_estimate.c: In function `genericcostestimate2':
postgis_estimate.c:752: error: structure has no member named `elem'
postgis_estimate.c:752: error: too few arguments to function
`clauselist_selectivity'
postgis_estimate.c:810: warning: passing arg 1 of `cost_qual_eval' from
incompatible pointer type
postgis_estimate.c:810: error: too few arguments to function
`cost_qual_eval'
postgis_estimate.c:810: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
make: *** [postgis_estimate.o] Error 1

I am using PostgreSQL 7.4beta5, PostGIS cvs snapshot November 10, 2003,
and Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther). Has anybody else had this problem? Is this
specific to PostgreSQL 7.4, PostGIS, or Mac OS X 10.3? How can I get
PostGIS to make?

Thanks
Philip