[postgis-users] Building polygons from several line segments.

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Fri Nov 14 11:31:54 PST 2003

In the just-released JTS 1.4 there is a Polygonizer class which does exactly what you want.  JUMP also has a Polygonize tool which does this.

Not sure of timelines for porting this to GEOS.  If you grok Java you should be able to extract your geometries from PostGIS and process them using JTS.

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street   Victoria, B.C.   V8T 5G5
Phone: (250) 385 6040 - Local 308      Fax: (250) 385 6046