[postgis-users] Troubles installing Postgis

fernando Talledo Bellina ing_talledo at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 08:12:15 PST 2003

Hi there:

I have some troubles , I am following all the rules that there are in the
web.
I have already installed postgresql7.4 and it works I put it in the root.
then i download the postgis-0.7.4 and saved it in the contrib directory,
after that I unzziped the information
i wrote the command "make", but when i do that I have the next message:
[root at gis001 postgis-0.7.4]# make
gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -fpic -g -I. -I../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE
-DFRONTEND -DSYSCONFDIR='"/usr/local/pgsql/etc"' -DUSE_VERSION=73  -c -o
postgis_estimate.o postgis_estimate.c
postgis_estimate.c: In function `get_restriction_var':
postgis_estimate.c:543: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
postgis_estimate.c:545: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
postgis_estimate.c: In function `genericcostestimate2':
postgis_estimate.c:752: structure has no member named `elem'
postgis_estimate.c:752: too few arguments to function
`clauselist_selectivity'
postgis_estimate.c:810: warning: passing arg 1 of `cost_qual_eval' from
incompatible pointer type
postgis_estimate.c:810: too few arguments to function `cost_qual_eval'
postgis_estimate.c:810: void value not ignored as it ought to be
make: *** [postgis_estimate.o] Error 1

what do you recommend?
I haven't done any modification to the make file.

Thanks in advance Fernando Talledo