[postgis-users] failure to load postgis.sql

TECHER Jean David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Sat Nov 29 16:35:08 PST 2003

Hi,

>psql:/usr/local/src/postgresql/postgresql-7.4/contrib/postgis-0.8.0/postgis
.sql:41:
>ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpostgis.so.0.8":

I don't use Mac but windows but I think it's the same problem.

When you installed postgis, postgis.sql and the file libpostgis.so.0.8 are
done.

Open your postgis.sql and see if you can find something like '$libdir' in

CREATE FUNCTION ...........
	RETURNS .......
	AS '/$libdir/postgis.dll'

OR

CREATE FUNCTION ...........
	RETURNS .......
	AS path_to/libpostgis.so.0.8'

you have to replace what repeat for each function with the real path to your
file libpostgis.so.0.8