[postgis-users] Insert performance issues

Nicolas RIBOT nri at scot.cnes.fr
Mon Oct 20 07:37:48 PDT 2003

> Are you running the query set in a transaction block?

Yes, I think so:
I set the connection to be rolled-back by doing, in VB, a
Connection.BeginTrans

Then I write all SQL commands in a text file.
At the end, when all commands are written, I execute this file within
VBA.
If no errors occur, I commit the transaction at the end.

I do not explicitly write a "begin... end" in my SQL file, as it is done
with shp2pgsql, for example.
Should I ?

Would it be quicker to prepare the statements and to bind parameters ?