[postgis-users] Problems with database creation

Daniel Vencler daniel at geofoto.hr
Tue Oct 21 03:10:29 PDT 2003

Darren Houston wrote:
> Hello Daniel.
>
> There are no errors with your install. Those messages are normal. As I
> understand it, after the shell types (placeholders) are created, they
> are replaced with complete type definitions for you to then use.
>
> Darren H.

	But when I try to run ogc test I get :
'lakes_pkey' for table 'lakes'
ERROR:  Type "linestring" does not exist
ERROR:  Type "multilinestring" does not exist
ERROR:  Type "multipolygon" does not exist
'bridges_pkey' for table 'bridges'
ERROR:  Type "linestring" does not exist
'buildings_pkey' for table 'buildings'
ERROR:  Type "multipoylgon" does not exist
'named_places_pkey' for table 'named_places'
'map_neatlines_pkey' for table 'map_neatlines'
ERROR:  Function polygonfromtext("unknown", integer) does not exist
         Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument
types
         You may need to add explicit typecasts
ERROR:  Relation "road_segments" does not exist
ERROR:  Relation "road_segments" does not exist
ERROR:  Relation "road_segments" does not exist
ERROR:  Relation "road_segments" does not exist
ERROR:  Relation "road_segments" does not exist
ERROR:  Relation "divided_routes" does not exist
ERROR:  Relation "forests" does n        You may need to add explicit
typecasts
ERROR:  Relation "streams" does not exist
ERROR:  Relation "streams" does not exist
ERROR:  Function pointfromtext("unknown", integer) does not exist
         Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument
types
         You may need to add explicit typecasts
ERROR:  Function pointfromtext("unknown", integer) does not exist
         Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument
types
         You may need to add explicit typecasts
ERROR:  Relation "ponds" does not exist
ERROR:  Function polygonfromtext("unknown", integer) does not exist
         Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument
types
         You may need to add explicit typecasts
ERROR:  Function polygonfromtext("unknown", integer) does not exist
         Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument
types
         You may need to add explicit typecasts
ERROR:  Function polygonfromtext("unknown", integer) does not exist
         Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument
types
         You may need to add explicit typecasts
ot exist
ERROR:  Function pointfromtext("unknown", integer) does not exist
         Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument
types

I get simmilar errors when I try to import shape file with shp2pgsql.

					Best regards,
					Daniel Vencler