[postgis-users] Insert performance issues

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Oct 23 08:44:04 PDT 2003

It is ironic, but a guaranteed way to get a view of the SQL being
generated by mapserver is to introduce a syntax error in the SQL in
your DATA line. PgSQL will complain, mapserver will fail, and the error
message written out will include the SQL statement that mapserver tried
to feed to PgSQL.

Dave could confirm, but turning DEBUG ON for your postgis layer in
mapserver 4.0+ should also log out the SQL statements as a matter of
course.

Paul

On Thursday, October 23, 2003, at 08:32 AM, Jonathan W. Lowe wrote:

> I ask in order to simulate the SQL for zoomed in Mapserver views for
> EXPLAIN tests on the PostgreSQL command line.

    Paul Ramsey
      Refractions Research
      Email: pramsey at refractions.net
      Phone: (250) 885-0632