[postgis-users] postgis support for 7.4 betas

Jeff Hoffmann jeff at propertykey.com
Thu Sep 25 14:16:33 PDT 2003

David Blasby wrote:

> Yes - they did some changes between 7.3 and 7.4 in the cost estimate
> routines.
>
> It will take me a while to figure out what they did and how it will
> affect the cost estimate code.  There maybe other changes as well...

It doesn't seem like there's any postgis-specific stuff in the
genericcostestimate2 function besides settings the index correlation at
the end -- it looks like it was pulled straight from the PostgreSQL
source code.  After I decided that was probably the case, I pulled the
genericcostestimate function from 7.4b3, changed the index correlation
value to 0.97 like the old function & it compiled fine for me (set up
like I was compiling for 7.3).  I haven't tested it fully yet, but it
seems functional.  It seems like a simple fix, but does it sound right?

--

Jeff Hoffmann
PropertyKey.com