[postgis-users] GeometryN() function - bug

Chris Faulkner chrisf at oramap.com
Mon Apr 12 13:58:54 PDT 2004

Hello

I recently upgraded from 0.7.4 to 0.8.1, on cygwin with postgres 7.4.1.
I was successfully using GeometryN(geometry,0) but this has stopped
working. It looks very much like this has become a 1-based index,
although the documentation says that it should be zero based.

select astext(GeometryN(the_geom,0)) from table where id = 1

I get a blank.

If I do

select astext(GeometryN(the_geom,1)) from table where id = 1

Then I see the polygon.

The feature is a MULTIPOLYGON but NumGeometries() tells me that there is
one geometry in it.

Could someone check this out for me and let me know, please ?

Thanks

Chris Faulkner