[postgis-users] views on tables with geometry

Wood Brent pcreso at pcreso.com
Thu Apr 15 10:26:12 PDT 2004

Do normal Postgres views work OK with PostGIS tables? (no problems or issues I
should know of?

I know one application only makes available tables listed in the
geometry_columns table, so views don't work with that application, but I was
wondering if that is also an issue for PostGIS.

(Hopefully all my newbie questions will be asked & answered shortly & I can get
down to some nice (quiet) use of PostGIS :-)

I figure multiple emails are tidier in the archives than asking everyting in
one msg...

Thanks,

  Brent Wood