[postgis-users] Postgresql, postgis, & debian sid

Robert Aldridge bamarob55 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 13:14:08 PDT 2004

I know this probably isn't the best place to ask,
but...

I'm attempting to get postgis running on my debian sid
(unstable) laptop.  When I try to follow the
directions outlined here:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2002-August/001419.html

I get:

Setting up postgresql (7.4.2-3) ...
postgresql failed to start because of an unknown
problem:
dpkg: error processing postgresql (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error
exit status 1
Setting up postgresql-dev (7.4.2.3) ...

Errors were encountered whild processing:
 postgresql
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code
(1)

Any ideas what may be happening?

Thanks in advance...

Robert Aldridge