[postgis-users] (no subject)

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Apr 16 07:45:24 PDT 2004

Over 30 km, your elevations are not going to make much of a difference
to your distance calculations. There is no distance3d function, because
of the difficulties in coding it and relative obscurity of the
functionality (always a deadly combination :). There is a length3d
function, which tends to be more useful (how far is it *really* from A
to B, including up and down hills).
P.