[postgis-users] compil postgresql 7.5 and postgis how to on windows

Romi Hardiyanto rodin at ewesewes.net
Tue Apr 20 20:07:28 PDT 2004

- I downloaded MinGW and MSyS (forgot when) from
http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MinGW-3.1.0-1.exe?download  and
http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MSYS-1.0.10.exe?download

and then download bison-1.875.exe also

- Postgresql, postgis, and geos version is last cvs version. (i don't do
proj4)

- Compile them from rxvt's MSyS Windows with prefix --prefix=/pgsqlwin
(postgresql) and --/opt/geos (geos)
- Make some adjustment in contrib/postgis/postgis.h (i was once wrote
about this in this mailing list)
- Compile again,
- Copy C:\MSys\pgsqlwin to C:\pgsqlwin
- Open command prompt, goes to C:\pgsqlwin, and added PATH with
C:\pgsqlwin\bin and C:\pgsqlwin\lib
- initdb -D C:\pgsqlwin\data
- postmaster -D C:\pgsqlwin\data
- And then createdb, createlang, psql postgis.sql ,

Sory, didn't have much time to write about.

Romi Hardiyanto