[postgis-users] manipulate vs analysis

Robert W. Burgholzer rburghol at vt.edu
Fri Apr 23 04:18:58 PDT 2004

Following is my take on your question, although I don;t know the strict
definition:
In postgresql/postgis, as in any SQL implementation, everything can be viewed
as analysis, unless ones explicitly uses an update statement.

Thus, SELECT is analysis, UPDATE is manipulation.

But, this is just me,
r.b.

<postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net> =====