[postgis-users] Problems with Select by Polygon - pgsql75win

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 12:06:20 PDT 2004

Hi Randy,

Is this the binary available from
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/win32binaries.html? According to the
README.TXT, the libpq.dll has been compiled from PostgreSQL 7.3.x. Since
the FE/BE protocol changed between 7.3.x and 7.4.x, an older libpq.dll
won't be able to talk to a newer server :(.

A suggested solution would be to replace the libpq.dll that came with
the ms42pg.zip with one which is compiled against at least PostgreSQL
7.4, or try copying the libpq.dll from C:\pgsql75win\lib to replace the
one provided in the ms42pg.zip package (although I think some people
have even found that this causes problems - it would be interesting to
hear how you get on).

Kind regards,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.