[postgis-users] other errors during postgis.sql command

Benedetto Porfidia benedetto.porfidia at fastwebnet.it
Tue Aug 10 10:43:40 PDT 2004

J.D.
thanx a lot, but:

TECHER Jean David wrote:

>>I tried to drop the db, run ldconfig with the path found with "find
>>/-name libpostgis.so.0.8",
>>

>The path must be done for proj et geos

I have both in /usr/local/lib     (libproj.so.0 and libgeos.so)
so I did
echo /usr/local/lib >>/etc/ld.so.conf
and ldconfig

I dropped the last db i created a new one, I made createlang
and when i try psql there is the same error

> create a new db,
>

>>run createlang.... ,but i have the same error.
>>
>>postgres at bumbum:/home/jodalap$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -d gis_db -f
>>/usr/pg_data/postgis.sql
>>BEGIN
>>        message
>>------------------------
>> PL/PgSQL is installed.
>>(1 row)
>>
>>psql:/usr/pg_data/postgis.sql:47: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet
>>definedDETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
>>psql:/usr/pg_data/postgis.sql:47: ERROR:  could not load library
>>"/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpostgis.so.0.8":
>>/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpostgis.so.0.8: undefined symbol: pj_get_release
>>psql:/usr/pg_data/postgis.sql:52: ERROR:  current transaction is
>>

>Did you install PROJ et replace in /usr/pg_data/postgis.sql '$libdir' by the
>path to the
>
>libpostgis.so.0.8 path ???

I simply made a "mv /home/etc
etc_______/postgrsql...../contrib/postgis_cvs/postgis.sql
/usr/pg_data/postgis.sql
that is where I did initdb first

>>aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
>>.etc etc (the same for all lines) and
>>
>>commit
>>
>>please, someone can give some help
>>thanks

I don't know what to do anymore,
I compiled proj and geos first -downloaded into home dir- and all is
gone without error messages,
then i configured (as default) and compiled postgresql from the same
home dir,
then i finally did make and make install to postgis-cvs from
home/bla..bla/postgresql..blabla/contrib/postgis

compilation ended normally, so i did mkdir /usr/pg_data as root
chown postgres /usr/pg_data
su postgres
started postmasrter -D to pg_data and -i (for tcp)
initdb
and.... (see the top)

thanx again
B.P.