[postgis-users] Win32 PostgreSQL: pgsql75win.zip replacement

Dan R Greening greening at bigtribe.com
Tue Aug 17 08:49:54 PDT 2004

So I tried it with my test.sql code, which consists of:

CREATE TABLE poiloc (
  poiid varchar(11) NOT NULL UNIQUE,
  latitude DOUBLE PRECISION NOT NULL,
  longitude DOUBLE PRECISION NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (poiid)
);
CREATE INDEX lat_index ON poiloc (latitude,longitude);
CREATE INDEX lon_index ON poiloc (longitude,latitude);
INSERT INTO poiloc (poiid, latitude, longitude) VALUES
('27165',37.766029,-122.430382);
INSERT INTO poiloc (poiid, latitude, longitude) VALUES
('11',37.764894,-122.423022);
INSERT INTO poiloc (poiid, latitude, longitude) VALUES
('12',37.764829,-122.423882);
INSERT INTO poiloc (poiid, latitude, longitude) VALUES
('18',37.762529,-122.396481);
INSERT INTO poiloc (poiid, latitude, longitude) VALUES
('19',37.761829,-122.418282);
INSERT INTO poiloc (poiid, latitude, longitude) VALUES
('25',37.790508,-122.398332);
INSERT INTO poiloc (poiid, latitude, longitude) VALUES
('26',37.788028,-122.395281);
SELECT AddGeometryColumn(current_schema(),'poiloc','geom',-1,'POINT', 2);
UPDATE poiloc set geom = GeometryFromText('POINT(' || latitude || ' ' ||
longitude || ')', -1);
CREATE INDEX geom_idx ON poiloc USING GIST(geom gist_geometry_ops);
select poiid from poiloc where geom && GeometryFromText('BOX3D(37.76930
-122.40798,37.78929 -122.38621)',-1);

And the first SELECT fails with this error:

psql.exe:/greening/dev/poi/sql/postgres/test.sql:16: ERROR:  function
addgeometrycolumn(name, "unknown", "unknown", integer, "unknown", integer)
does not exist
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need
to add explicit type casts.
psql.exe:/greening/dev/poi/sql/postgres/test.sql:17: ERROR:  column "geom"
of relation "poiloc" does not exist
psql.exe:/greening/dev/poi/sql/postgres/test.sql:18: ERROR:  column "geom"
does not exist
psql.exe:/greening/dev/poi/sql/postgres/test.sql:19: ERROR:  column "geom"
does not exist
gistest=#

Am I doing something wrong?

Dan Greening, Ph.D.  CEO BigTribe http://dan.greening.name/contact.htm