[postgis-users] Correction

Rene Neidt r.neidt at idu.de
Mon Aug 23 03:03:15 PDT 2004

Hello all,
a few weeks ago i have posted some performance problems using PostGis with
our Mapserver IWAN and the ODBC drivers.

Now we have implemented the native PG Api and all works very fine!
The performance for recieving and unpacking the Geo-Data ist much better
then with other geoDatabases.

We want to recommend using PostGres/PostGis to our customers.

At least one small problem exists. How can we convert the Number datatype
from Binary Cursors into a C variable (of type double or long) ?
But i think this is not the right Usergroup for this question.

Great Work!
Greetings,
Rene Neidt

Rene Neidt
Projektleiter Software
IDU Ingenieurgesellschaft für Datenverarbeitung und Umweltschutz mbH
Theodor-Körner-Allee 16
02763 Zittau
Germany
Tel	++49 3583 61-15-37