[postgis-users] Any plan for Geos update?

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at aliceposta.it
Wed Feb 11 03:25:00 PST 2004

Hi everybody,
I'd like to know, is there any plan to update geos to the latest
features in JTS 1.4? AFAIK Geos is a port of JTS 1.2 (right?), and there
have been various performance improvements in the last two releases
of JTS. I'm asking because I find PostGIS quite slow when computing
overlays, buffers and the like (and yes, I'm using spatial indexes and the &&
operator to speed up the filtering phase of the overlay process).

Best regards
Andrea Aime