[postgis-users] Any plan for Geos update?

Stepan RYBAR xrybs01 at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 13 03:48:40 PST 2004

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> We are not planning to *not* update, but we have not set a specific
> delivery date or anything. So it will happen at some point, we just do
> not know which point.

...Well, as fair as I know, there are not only enhancements among
different versions of JTS, but also bug fixes in geometry computation.
So if I can, I want to vote for some updating, because not updated GEOS
can give wrong results.

After You compile GEOS, do You run set of JTS tests to verify
functionality?

Stepan

> Andrea Aime wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>> I'd like to know, is there any plan to update geos to the latest
>> features in JTS 1.4? AFAIK Geos is a port of JTS 1.2 (right?), and there

Stepan Rybar
e-mail: xrybs01 at seznam.cz
mobil: +420607636256
Modra 6, Stodulky 1979, Praha, 155 00