[postgis-users] Update geometry_columns!

David TECHER davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 13 05:30:41 PST 2004

Hello

As I tell you in a mail I sent to you

if your table is not declared in geometry_columns
doesn't matter if you just add

as foo using unique gid using SRID=-1

in DATA. do

DATA "geom from unidade_federativa as foo using unique
gid using SRID=-1"

and try mapserver to see your image.

if you have change the name of your geometry_columns
table do

alter table <youroldtable> rename to geometry_columns

update
 --- André Cruvinel Resende
<andrecruvinel at yahoo.com.br> a écrit : > Hello David
and everybody,

> Are you right, I've change the name of my tables.
>
> How can i update the namos on my geometry_columns
> table?
>
> Andre
>
> Ps.: Sorry by creating another topic.
>
> "
> Hi
>
> I think it is because your table is not declared in
> your geometry_columns table. MapServer can't find
> your
> SRID in the geometry_columns
>
> Try :
>
> select * from geometry_columns
>
> and see if
> you find something like
>
> f_table_name       f_geometry_column    srid
>
> unidade_federativa  geom                ...
>

> So tell me.
>
> David
>
>  --- André Cruvinel Resende
> <andrecruvinel at yahoo.com.br> a écrit : > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using:
> >
> > RedHat 9
> > mapserver-4.0.1
> > postgres-7.3.2
> > postgis-0-8-1
> >
> > I load the geographic data using shp2pgsql.
> >
> > When i try to load the layer "unidade_federativa",
> > the
> > postgres return this error.
> >
> > msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw
> > layer
> > named 'unidade_federativa'.
> > prep_DB(): Query error. Error executing POSTGIS
> > DECLARE
> > (the actual query) statement: 'DECLARE mycursor
> > BINARY
> > CURSOR FOR SELECT

asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(geom)),'NDR'),OID::text