[postgis-users] pg7.4.1 performance problem

Daryl Herzmann akrherz at iastate.edu
Wed Feb 18 10:37:59 PST 2004

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay (I am on the digest :) )

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 chodgson at refractions.net wrote:

>Did you compile postgis with "USE_STATS=1"? Have you updated your stats
>tables recently by calling the correct function? It should be in the docs
>somewhere, or if not, then it's at least in Dave's head. This _should_
>help... if it doesn't, you may be able to convince it by simply reforming
>your query:

That was the problem.  Once I called 'SELECT UPDATE_GEOMETRY_STATS();',
the queries started to work efficiently again!  Yeah!  You guys rock...

As an aside, I am extremely happy with Postgres 7.4.1 . It is so much
faster out of the box than 7.3 , probably mostly due to my ignorance about
tuning postgres, but progress has been made in version 7.4 IMHO

Thanks!
  Daryl

--
/**