[postgis-users] Help on Postgresql 7.4.1 install with postgis 0.81

Darren Houston dhouston at beyondcompliance.ca
Sun Feb 22 13:31:51 PST 2004

I have not seen any PostgreSQL 7.4.1 RPMs for RH9 yet. Many people have said the
RHEL 3 RPMs work fine on RH9.

To see the configure options used for an RPM install, execute pg_config
--configure

If you want to compile the JDBC drivers and tools for PostgreSQL with the
--with-java configure option, you will need Ant installed on your system and
included in your PATH. See Ant at http://ant.apache.org/

For now, let us get PostGIS working on your system with the RPM install. I will
write up a short document telling how to do this. In the meantime, while you
wait for the document, go and download the source postgresql-7.4.1.tar.gz or
.bz2, PostGIS 0.8.1 or CVS, GEOS from CVS, and Proj-4.4.7.

--
Darren Houston