[postgis-users] geos result sets

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Feb 26 07:52:24 PST 2004

Intersects() *might* work. However, it might be a bit too broad. What
you want is "interior of A interacts with interior of B". I do not know
my Relate() function well enough, but there should be a Relate()
pattern that gives you what you want. Time to haul out your SFSQL and
read up on the 9 way dimensionally extended model... :)
P.

On Thursday, February 26, 2004, at 01:15 AM, James S reid wrote:

> thanks for that - I can see where you are coming from even if the
> results
> ends up a little unexpected - interstingly, if you use a distance() = 0
> function you get the 'correct' result so I guess there is some
> intrinsic
> tolerance in the distance() function?
> one consequence of course is that geometries would need to be very
> clean to
> prevent this sort of behaviour. Have you any thoughts on what
> operators I
> could use that would give me the expected result without have to check
> for
> data inconsistencies ? In practical terms I need to be able to
> establsih
> containment without the exacting tolerances that geos seems to demand?
> Will
> the distance function work predicatbly on differnt machine
> architectures?

      Paul Ramsey
      Refractions Research
      Email: pramsey at refractions.net