[postgis-users] PG as a data source for ESRI products

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Jan 12 17:04:45 PST 2004

Sorry Dave, doing a proper OLEDB for real read/write access from ArcMap
to PostGIS has been and remains a very large project. As such, it has
some unfortunate characteristics:
- It's too large for us to do for free off the side of our desks.
- It is expensive enough that anyone with enough coin to fund us to do
it would have to seriously consider that buying ArcSDE is cheaper than
the cost of developing the connector.

So there it sits. :/

Paul

--