[postgis-users] Query error executing postgis declare.

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at aero-graphics.com
Fri Jan 16 13:19:52 PST 2004

Looks like the error I was getting was due to not having a local user on the
machine of the same name as the database user. Quick check by just using the
postgres user confirmed it. Soon as I used that user to connect the error
vanished. I will use the pg ident method for the real user.  So I am not sure if
my issue is the same as others seeing this.  I am having problems getting the
vectors to display. Only change to my map file in mapserver is one looks to the
SHP file the other to PostGIS. SHP displays, PostGIS does not.  I probably have
some setup problem though.

Thanks, Jason.