[postgis-users] postgis & mapserver

ttsai at pobox.com ttsai at pobox.com
Tue Jan 27 22:22:18 PST 2004

I will ask this on the mapserver list as well.

Let's say I have the Census street level and other features data
in PostGIS.  I also have two lat/lon pairs.  Is it possibly to have
PostGIS/MapServer do the following, dynamically:

1) show the street level data with labeling of the street names
2) pinpoint the two lat/lon locations
3) automatically set the extent to include both lat/lon locations within
about 80% of the frame

it seems that I have to have a static .MAP file the last time I played
with MapServer, which defeats the purpose.  Any pointers?

Thanks!

Tim