[postgis-users] Still installation (last step) problems

Bato Pure odonp at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 00:21:26 PDT 2004

Hi Folks,

Even I followed Vautier's suggestion I could not solve
my problem on "psql -d mydb -f postgis.sql".

Messages are:
BEGIN
        message
------------------------
 PL/PgSQL is installed.
(1 row)

psql:postgis.sql:38: ERROR:  function "histogram2d_in"
already exists with same argument types
psql:postgis.sql:43: ERROR:  current transaction is
aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction
block

... (all same)

psql:postgis.sql:1888: ERROR:  current transaction is
aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction
block
COMMIT

I did:

- Installed Goes and Proj4 (./configure for geos and
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/proj4 for proj4, but I
cannot see the directory)
- LDFLAGS=-lstdcc++ ./configure
- set USE_PG72=1, USE_PROJ=1 and USE_GEOS=1
- added /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf
- tried ldconfig

Any help?

Bato