[postgis-users] Still installation (last step) problems

Darren Houston dhouston at beyondcompliance.ca
Wed Jul 21 10:30:09 PDT 2004

Hello Bato,

Unrelated to your psql question, you may have problems with Proj4 later on. If
you configured Proj4 with --prefix=/usr/local/proj4 and did a make and make
install (you need to be root for the make install), Proj4 directory should be
in your /usr/local directory. If not, something went wrong or a step wasn't
completed. Also, you will need to add an entry for the Proj4 libs
in /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig again (if the Proj4 libs are not
in /usr/local/lib, add something like /usr/local/proj4/lib to ld.so.conf).

HTH,

Darren H.