[postgis-users] Error in some reference systems in the table SPATIAL_REF_SYS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 14 08:35:28 PDT 2004

strk wrote:
> Could not download 4.4.8 yet, but I've verified mismatches with 4.4.5
> also. My question is: should PROJ definitions match with proj4 lib
> they are used against ? In this case postgis should provide an 'import'
> script to be run at build time againsts proj4 distributed data...
> On the contrary it should just upgrade spatial_ref_sys to the newset
> definition.

Strk,

remotesensing.org is back online, so you can grab the latest.

In *general* the version of the epsg definitions you use with PROJ.4
should not be tightly linked to the version of PROJ.4 library you are
using.  The issue just arises in areas where new features are added,
or bugs are fixed.

There shouldn't be much version specificity for folks not using
non-greenwich prime meridians for instance.

Best regards,