[postgis-users] complete newbye

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Wed Jun 23 01:52:41 PDT 2004

Hi, William,

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:53:30 +0200
william <wdebs_stern at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Basically I'm trying to understand how things works. I couldn't find
> no documents or drawings of  the internals of PostGis
> nor any descriptions of PgArc principles, but maybe I'm dumb and I
> have missed these informations somewhere ?

PostGIS is an implementation of the OpenGIS simpl features for SQL
specifikation. So first see their definitions as it is relatively
detailed (e. G. the geometry model).

See http://www.opengis.org/

The PostGIS Documentation gives some hints about some additional
functions, and GIST indices etc.

http://www.postgis.org/

HTH,
Markus
--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich