[postgis-users] Using/Compiling PostGIS on Windows XP/Cygwin for use with PostgreSQL

Chapman, Martin MChapman at sanz.com
Fri Jun 25 16:01:14 PDT 2004

You need to download and install proj4.  It's the projection library
used by postgis to handle projecting lat/lons into x,y and the inverse.
The zip can be found at http://www.remotesensing.org:16080/proj/ .
Follow the build instructions for windows using the vc compiler.  Let me
know if you have problems.  You also need geos which can be found at
http://geos.refractions.net .

Martin Chapman