[postgis-users] schemas and privilege

Jean-Denis Giguere jdenisgiguere at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 28 05:33:51 PDT 2004

Hi list,

I would like to know how you deal with schema and privilege with
postgis. I think it could be useful to be able to specify in which
schema we want to install postgis. Also I don't really undestand how can
we give privilege to many functions and/or tables without using many
many time the command # GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION postgis_function() TO
GROUP postgis_group;

Do you think it could be interesting to integrate the possibility of
setting these options within the postgis.sql script ?

Thank you,

Jean-Denis