[postgis-users] install help needed

TECHER Jean David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 30 00:49:34 PDT 2004

did you try ./configure.... befor ???

TECHER JEAN DAVID
- Responsable Informatique 01MAP -
e-mail:davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Tel: 06 85 37 36 75
Site PostGIS: http://techer.pascal.free.fr/postgis/index.htm

-----Message d'origine-----
De : postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
[mailto:postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net]De la part de Andy
Kriger
Envoye : mercredi 30 juin 2004 06:16
A : postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
Objet : [postgis-users] install help needed

Hello,
I am trying to install postgis-0.8.2 for postgresql-7.4.3 in gentoo-linux.

When I run make I get the following error:
Makefile:38: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
Makefile:160: /src/Makefile.shlib: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/src/Makefile.shlib'.  Stop.

And indeed, there is no Makefile.global in the postgresql src dir
Is this a quirk of 7.4.3? Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?
Is there a prior version of postgresql that doesn't have this problem?

thx
andy