[postgis-users] UMN MapServer and postgis using views

Hubert Fröhlich hubert.froehlich at bvv.bayern.de
Tue Mar 2 08:13:17 PST 2004

Hello list,

I am working with MapServer 4.0.1, PostgreSQL 7.4.1 and Postgis 0.8 with
GEOS 1.0.0 on board. I have defined a layer in a static mapfile (no
mapscript at all)

LAYER
   CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
   NAME "flstpgx_poly"
   CONNECTION "dbname=ax host=va45c28 user=postgres"
   DATA "pgpoly from (select * from v_axflst_geom ) as foo using unique
obnr using SRID=31494"
   HEADER "q_flstpgx_header.html"
   FOOTER "q_DEFAULT_footer.html"
   STATUS OFF
   TYPE POLYGON
   MAXSCALE 200000
#  FILTER "gemeinde > 0"
   CLASS
     NAME "Flurstücke"
#   EXPRESSION "gemschl > 0"
     TEMPLATE "q_flstpgx.html"
     COLOR -1 -1 -1
     OUTLINECOLOR 200 0 0
   END
END

v_axflst_geom is a view on a table axflst defining the subset of the
attributes which I REALLY need.

I have defined a template for browsing and querying the layer.

Browsing is fine, according to the discussion given in the threads
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2002-August/001384.html
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2002-November/001822.html

Queries, however, result in an *** empty *** html message output. Seems
that MapServer obviously tried to compose a message similarly to a query
error etc., but the html body remained empty. Moreover, I worked with
DEBUG=off, but there is no hint in the error log.

When I do not work with a view but read directly from the table with the
mapfile entry

DATA "pgpoly from axflst"

the query seems fine.

Did I miss something in dealing with views and mapserver?

Greetings,

Hubert

Dr.-Ing. Hubert Fröhlich
Bezirksfinanzdirektion München
Alexandrastr. 3, D-80538 München, GERMANY
Tel. :+49 (0)89 / 2190 - 2980
Fax  :+49 (0)89 / 2190 - 2997
hubert dot froehlich at bvv dot bayern dot de