[postgis-users] Who is Using PostGIS?

Robert W. Burgholzer rburghol at vt.edu
Mon Mar 8 15:54:00 PST 2004

>    Who are you?
Robert Burgholzer, MapTech Inc.

>    What are you using PostGIS for?
To provide a backend database support for hydrologic modeling using HSPF,
web-enabled GIS interfaces to  ecological data, and a variety of in-house
modeling applications.

>    Why did you choose PostGIS?
Open Source spatial stuff on an open source DB, runs on linux, unbeatable
combo

>    What makes you happy about your PostGIS installation?
I can supply custom written functions in C wit GNU compiler

>    What makes you unhappy about your PostGIS installation?
I am very happy with PostGIS, I would like to get off my rump and develop some
raster integrations.

Robert W. Burgholzer
rburghol at veetee dot edu
History of Nutrition: "Buddha probably consumed a high-carb diet."