[postgis-users] Who is Using PostGIS?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Mar 8 18:57:27 PST 2004

Randy Goss wrote:

>>  What makes you unhappy about your PostGIS installation?
>
> Lack of decent integration with ArcGIS.  And, while I'm at it, it would
> be nice to have linear referencing capability.

The first one I have to lay at ESRI's feet :)
But the second one is intriguing -- what database capabilities do you
think are necessary to support linear referencing? What we are really
missing in the linear referencing side is any kind of design direction.
What does "linear referencing support" really mean from a database
perspective?

--
       __
      /