[postgis-users] cygwin installer : how to change data directory

Steffen Macke sdteffen at web.de
Tue Mar 9 21:22:24 PST 2004

> PostGIS cygwin installer
> W2K
> I want to use another drive for postgresql data. What is the best and
> easiest method ?

Are your referring to the Cygwin PostGIS installer from
http://dcmms.sourceforge.net?
I haven't thought about adding the possibility to change the
data directory, but this should be relatively easy.

I've added RFE #913282 in order not to forget about this issuefor - see
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=913282&group_id=76364&atid=546883

However, this will take some time as we're very busy right now.

For the time being, you could have a look at the installer sources and
adjust the path in the related shell script and recompile the installer.

Steffen