[postgis-users] How retrieve number of points based on scale value?

Maurizio Napolitano napo at itc.it
Wed Mar 10 00:35:45 PST 2004

I want to represent maps on a web GIS, which are composed of multiple
layers of very large numbers of polygons.
Given the large number of polygons, the generation of the maps becomes
computationaly intensive and takes a large amount of time
to complete.
So I wanted to know if it were possible to write an SQL query that
allows me to retrieve only some of the points of the polygon, based on
some scale value.
An example of what I mean is given by the java applet on this site:
http://www.map24.com/map24/index.php3?map24_sid=d1cc0fc6be8602363b64b65f5f1ae182
--
Maurizio Napolitano <napo at itc.it>
ITC-irst