[postgis-users] Schema support in loader/dumper

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Fri Mar 19 10:27:19 PST 2004

> Not so easy. Your best bet is a (data-only)dump/restore.

I still use the same database I used with one of the original postgis
version (0.3 - like 2 years ago).  I just overwrite the libpostgis the
database is pointing to.  MAKE SURE YOU BACK IT UP BEFORE YOU OVERWRITE
IT.  There are a few risks with doing this, but its a lot easier than a
full dump-and-restore.

I'd still recommend the dump-and-restore, but if you want to live with a
little bit of risk, you should be able to just overwrite libpostgis.so
with a new version.

dave