[postgis-users] PostGIS, Mapserver and itemquery question froma newbie

coldwell at csptexas.com coldwell at csptexas.com
Mon Mar 29 11:54:49 PST 2004

Thanks, Dave. I had already built the indexes, though I had not done the vacuum analyse.
So I built them again, and did the analyze step. But still, the PostGIS
version takes about 2 minutes of frantic disk activity  to display the map, but the
Shapefile version takes five seconds. I'm using the RPM versions of PostGIS, PostgreSQL, etc.,
from the PostGIS site on Fedora Core 1.