[postgis-users] Converting a shapefile to postGIS

Okeh, Sam Sam.Okeh at co.fulton.ga.us
Wed Mar 31 10:07:49 PST 2004

Sorry folks, I have done it again - omitde a title to my post

This is probably easy for unix users but it doesn't seem to be working
for me so far.

We have a shape file called Streets in our data catalog.

I need to convert this to PostGIS using shpPg.

The following is the command that I am using:

*

 shpPg -db=gis -schema=transportation -table=Streets -dbf=<Street
shapefile> -initial

I just keep getting this error:

Street: no such directory or file exists

Can anyone help, please

Select * From Population WHERE skillset > average