[postgis-users] Converting a shapefile to postGIS

Okeh, Sam Sam.Okeh at co.fulton.ga.us
Wed Mar 31 17:53:00 PST 2004

Thanks Carl and David and Tyler!
I am still relatively new to postgres/postGIS and more importantly, I am still trying to figure out how our postgres database structure and domain are  set up.
>I'm betting that the command you are typing
is precisely that that you posted, right? Having -dbf=<Street shapefile>
is incorrect, and <Street shapefile>

Actually, the real code has the actual shape file name.
A colleague of mine who is more versed in postgres/postgis and who understands our current postgis process has resolved the issue.
It has more to do with permissions than anything else.

-----Original Message----- T