[postgis-users] Question about CEOMETRYCOLLECTION

Richard_D_Levine at raytheon.com Richard_D_Levine at raytheon.com
Fri Nov 5 11:00:42 PST 2004

Any thoughts about supporting geometries that cross the anti-meridian or
cover the poles?

Rick

|---------+--------------------------------------------->
|         |           Paul Ramsey                       |
|         |           <pramsey at refractions.net>         |
|         |           Sent by:                          |
|         |           postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refr|
|         |           actions.net                       |
|         |                                             |
|         |                                             |
|         |           11/05/2004 01:26 PM               |
|         |           Please respond to PostGIS Users   |
|         |           Discussion                        |
|         |                                             |
|---------+--------------------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                              |
  |       To:       Paul Hastings <paul.hastings at gmail.com>, PostGIS Users Discussion            |
  |        <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [postgis-users] Question about CEOMETRYCOLLECTION                        |

No, not really. Only in the broadest terms.
Much of the smaller stuff we are adding into 1.0 is things we are coming
across lately and going "yeah, that would be good". The broad strokes
are that 1.0 have the lwgeom as the default type, and have all of SFSQL.
There is no target release date at this point, but "before spring" would
be a good general aiming point.
Paul