[postgis-users] PostGIS PHP Abstraction Layer

Paul Scott paul at in2one.co.za
Thu Nov 11 21:50:19 PST 2004

Hey Listers!

I have begun using PostGis in earnest now, after a while of just using
it to serve data to the UMN Mapserver as a straight pull from the db.

I am curently working on a PHP class that will extend a simple PHP db
abstraction layer for Postgres, to become a PostGIS abstraction layer.
I am planning on supporting transactions (duh!), which I have built into
the Postgres layer, as well as GEOS 2.0 functionality into the postgis
layer. Please could I have suggestions/coments on this project from this
list, especially for functions that I may not have used/heard of, extra
libs that may need support etc...

I will be doing this project in my spare time, so please be patient with me!

I would greatly appreciate any input this list has to offer!

BTW: How many PHP/PostGis users are there? Will it be worth my while to
make this a collaborative project and host a CVS for it, and possibly
extend it to something more?

-- Paul