[postgis-users] Massive Lidar Dataset Datatype Suggestions?

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Sun Nov 14 15:52:44 PST 2004

--- Gerry Creager N5JXS <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> wrote:

> Hmmm... Can we start thinking in terms of a NetCDF data structure?
>
> Robert W. Burgholzer wrote:
> > Perhaps I've weighed in on this before, so excuse me if I sound like a
> > broken record. This situation appears to me to be best suited to a
> > raster analysis. I would like to see (help to develop) this type of
> > functionality in postgis.

I believe Lamar Owen, a Postgres developer, was looking at enhancements to
Postgres to facilitate it's use as a radio telescope plate data warehouse.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-07/msg01365.php

This was a while ago... I don't know what has happenned since then... but it
may be worth getting in touch...

Brent Wood